The Communications Intern will be responsible for assisting with marketing, education and tourism efforts for the Northeast Iowa Dairy & Agriculture Foundation and Iowa’s Dairy Center. The intern will work closely with the Coordinator to carry out the mission of the Foundation. This paid internship position is full-time (40 hours per week) from May-August (dates flexible) and located at Iowa’s Dairy Center near Calmar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Implement and grow current communications efforts to promote Iowa’s dairy and agriculture community which include the following:
- Develop communications content for the Dairy & Agriculture Foundation’s website, newsletter and social media channels
- Assist with planning of community outreach events including Breakfast on the Farm
- Grow, coordinate and lead tourism efforts at Iowa’s Dairy Center, including daily tours
- Support the Dairy & Agriculture Foundation team in efforts related to administrative functions, operations, student and farmer education
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Current undergraduate college student pursing a degree in an agricultural field such as dairy/animal science, ag communications/marketing/journalism, ag education, etc.
- Experience with writing and creating social media content
- Background and strong understanding of agriculture and/or dairy is preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good organizational skills and creative thinking
- Strong work ethic and willingness to complete tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Send the following requested items by November 15, 2021 to Mariah Busta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter
Two writing samples:
- One blog, news release or related piece
- One social media post/graphic