Hi kids! This page is just for you! Have some fun while you learn about the dairy industry in Iowa and how important it is to drink enough milk. Have fun!
Milk the Cow Game
Hoard’s Dairyman Youth Quizzes
DID YOU KNOW?
- The 1st milk mustache celebrity was model Naomi Campbell
- Per capita the consumption of mozzarella cheese increased from 3lbs in 1980 to 9lbs in 2001
- The amount of calcium from 1 quart of milk is = to: 3 1/2 lbs of peas, 27 oranges, 50 tomatoes or 50 slices of whole wheat bread
- Cows spend an avg. 6 hours a day eating and an additional 8 hours ruminating or chewing their cud. Most cows chew at least 50 times per min.
- If all the ice cream consumed in 1 year was put into cones and stacked up, the tower would reach 2x as far as the moon
- It takes 10 lbs of milk to make 1 lb of cheese
- In an average day, a dairy cow will eat 90 lbs of feed, drink a bathtub full of water and produce 5-6 gallons of milk that = 80 8oz glasses of milk!